Wednesday, May 9, 2012

INTENTION!!!

So as many of you may already know, our latest project is called America's Desi Closet or www.americasdesicloset.com

The idea is to provide a platform online where we can recycle our gently used or like new desi closets. So with the help of my dad, we started this awesome website, reached out and received our first of many donations from our friends and family members locally and have put in a small fortune to make this happen...now why you might ask...
My intention was to modernize helping people. The intention was to provide people who are struggling to make ends meet or are simply saving their funds and don't or can't afford an expensive desi outfit, an option to purchase outfits starting as low as $15.

I have a small group of my REC students and close friends who volunteer their time on Sunday afternoons and during the weekdays to take the pictures and measurements so that I can post these outfits online. I am soooo grateful to all of them. I couldn't do this without their help and support.

 Needless to say, this entire project takes time...a lot of time...and what do i get in return you might ask?
Well nothing yet...and I don' expect any monetary reward either. I just would LOVE to see that people feel better about themselves when they buy a like new outfit to wear.

I am also planning on going back to work as a therapist/social worker in the fall...so I'm a little worried about how this is going to continue...
As of now, we have only received donations from within Florida. We need good clothes donated from outside of Florida.
We need people to check out our site...
We need people to refer their friends and family members to us..
We need people to refer the movers and shakers and the helpers and social workers in your communities to our site so that they can connect our target audience to our site.
I would love to see that the site is financially self sufficient.
We need people to buy these clothes...it doesn't do much if we get the clothes but can't get them out the door..
and if nothing else, we need people, we need you to pray for us...

If any of you are local, and would like to help out, please contact me!!!
I am already feeling overwhelmed and would really appreciate any help.

Sorry i'm totally just venting now...so i'll stop...

I surrender to God....
If this is the right thing for me to continue to do...If you will for me to do this, then make it happen effortlessly...
If not then make it so that we just simply disappear as if we never were...
Either way, I surrender my Lord.
In God I move and breathe and have my being...Ameen

"THOSE TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED!"

The website again is: WWW.AMERICASDESICLOSET.COM

Sending you love and light,
From one sufi to another,
anita

No comments:

Post a Comment