Thursday, July 24, 2014

2 days to explore San Francisco and Santa Cruz.

This past summer, Aly was to attend a three week camp at the University of Santa Cruz through the John Hopkins' Center for Talented Youth Summer program. So we decided to make it  a quick family trip. We flew out of Miami, Florida and landed in San Francisco, California. After renting a car, we decided to wait to check into our hotel and instead made our way down to Fisherman's Wharf.

We did the typical tourist thing with all the other tourists there. We took selfies and ate yummy seafood at one of their many restaurants.




















There are a line of restaurants and street side food eateries with such tempting seafood etc. Fried shrimp, curly fries, calamari


I couldn't resist taking pictures of all the amazing food that I wished I could eat but my stomach and my wallet were not in agreement.




Lobsters, crabs, oysters, mussels, shrimp etc etc.....YUMMY!!!!!



We get to pick it and they steam it...unfortunately we were
told that they were not fresh so we didn't try it.





We ordered a sampler with fried shrimp, fish, calamari, scallops and fries. It was delicious!!!







Then we started walking toward Ghiradelli Square. They have so many of these little street side shops with awesome jewelry!!! Now considering I make pieces very similar to these, I was super excited. What I wanted to do was to buy them all. But what I did instead was to buy a sweet pair of earrings and a matching bracelet and took a few pictures.





I loved San Francisco and the cable carts but I hated, I mean absolutely was terrified of driving on the steep hill like streets of the city.


We started driving toward China Town. Zayn wanted to go skate at this famous skating place which in actually is this famous park for the local Chinese families.

So Zayn and Aly went to the park where Zayn skated while I went in and out of the many little shops in China Town. We ate at this little Chinese restaurants with probably the worst Chinese food I've ever eaten. 


After walking around in China Town and buying souvenirs and being veryyyy tired, we made it to our hotel and had a good night sleep. We woke up the next morning and started driving to the University of Santa Cruz. We stopped at one of the local beaches!!! I live in Florida but I LOVE the West Coast and the beaches surrounded by the hills. Its so cool to see the crabs and sand dollar remains scattered on the beach. Again, so different from our Florida beaches. We enjoy the Atlantic ocean in Florida but my heart remains with the gorgeous Pacific coast line.



I did take a few pictures of us at the beach but I didn't save them here. But I LOVE THE WEST COAST!!!!
Can't wait to go back there again. We dropped Aly off at USC and

Love, Light and Blessings,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment