Thursday, October 22, 2015

Playing in the streets of Mumbai!


I took these pictures while visiting Mumbai, India. The date was January 1, 2012.
These little boys found entertainment playing in the putrid, standing gutter water. Notice the boys aren't wearing any footwear.




I noticed this mother sitting on the side of the road waiting for God knows what as her kids waited with her. The daughter should have been carrying a toy doll but instead was carrying her youngest sibling. 
How are they able to walk on these rough streets with no shoes? 
I'm guessing the mother probably works as a cleaning lady somewhere and this happens to be her day off.





And just like that, they decided to get up and go on with their day. I was terrified yet intrigued as I watched this young girl probably no more than seven or eight years old, balance this baby on her hip.


Love, Light and Blessings,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment