Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Out with the old, in with the new! 
Let's pray that we all learn from our mistakes this past year and are grateful for all the blessings we've been granted. 
Inshallah (God willing), 2012 will bring with it peace, happiness, prosperity, good health, security and love for all!!!! 
Ameen

Hope you all had a joyous holiday season and are enjoying the new year! I just got back yesterday from a three week trip to India. The last of my cousin, Nisha Kheraj, got married to Karim Bhandvani (great guy, awesome family) and we had a blast at her wedding. We also did the Golden Triangle tour which is a 4-5 day tour of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur with stops in Fatehpur Sikhri, Sikandhara and Mathura along the way.

Between shopping, tailors, loads of delicious desi food, family, Mumbai traffic, pollution, over-population, the poverty and the beauty of India, I've literally taken a few thousand pictures. I am hoping to blog about the above topics for the next few months. So please keep reading and posting your comments and your thoughts.
Also, may I suggest you sign up to follow this blog by email, if at all interested in the subject matter so that you don't miss any of the posts/pictures.

I am hoping to blog about the Indian wedding which is a week affair with numerous ceremonies.
Also, I'll be blogging about the DAJ (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur) trip with lots of photos and videos.
Lastly, I will be blogging about the slums of Mumbai, the poverty, the street kids, the countryside etc where I'm hoping to share my thoughts and my impressions of India.
Here are a few pictures to start off with. The first one is our family at one of the ceremonies. 



This one is of my niece Inaara sitting to have her mehndi put on.


Remember to sign up if interested.
Love and Light, 
From one sufi to another,
anita

No comments:

Post a Comment