Sunday, February 22, 2015

Carrot Slaw & Coconut Curry Chicken.

was reading an older issue of "How to Create Business" and came across this gorgeous recipee book by Erin Gleeson called "The Forest Feast". What intrigued me was that it had beautiful photographs and painting that had the recipes illustrated in the pages. Also the recipes are supposed to be healthy and easy to make.  I simply had to have my own copy. I'm so excited to share that it is as beautiful and as practical to use as described. 



The recipes are all vegetarian and look easy to prepare. 
I tried and made this carrot slaw that was super easy to make and delicious and most importantly healthy! My kids actually asked for seconds.



My other new favorite thing to cook in a hurry is this delicious coconut curry chicken that takes me 10 minutes to prepare. 
I start off with shredding up a store bought rotisserie chicken and placing in a pan. 

I added this jar of Coconut Curry Simmering Sauce from the Stonewall Kitchen company (available in Fresh Market - $10 a jar) to the pan with the shredded chicken along with a cup or two of water to avoid the chicken sticking to the pan. Let it simmer and heat up and serve with some warmed up bread and butter.  I've written about this in a different post about my favorite things but this is soo good that it's worth mentioning again.










Here are a few more pictures of the different pages from the recipe book. 

I can't wait to try out these other recipes.




















Love, Light and Blessings,

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment