Friday, November 4, 2011

God speaks to us all the time...are we listening?

 So last month I had to go into my local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) office to renew my registration. I stood in the various lines to submit my forms, pay the fees and finally collect the sticker.  As I moved up to the cashier's window, I saw these simple handwritten post-it notes and print-outs of messages that just made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I recognize this feeling as God talking to me. 
 Just because we don't hear God speaking to us with a loud, booming voice (the way he did with Moses, Jesus and Muhammad) doesn't mean he's not communicating. God speaks to us all the time. It's in the whispers of our heart...
Through the lyrics of the song playing on the radio...
or the words of the Ginan or hymn being sung...
 


Or between the pages of the book or in a blog or a billboard sign as we're driving...
Or the Farman being read in Jamatkhana or the Bible verse or passage from the Torah being read in Church or Temple.
Or through the character of our favorite movie or television show...

And sometimes, God even speaks to us through simple, unassuming taped up signs at the cashier's at our local DMV.

We all are soooo loved by HIM!!!

Love and Light,
From one sufi to another,
anita

No comments:

Post a Comment