Monday, November 14, 2011

Raising Children!


I just love this boy of mine. I have two sons and they are different and unique in their own way. 
Zayn really makes me smile all the time with the witty and silly things he comes up with. 
He is one curious kid. He always has a question. 
In fact, he has limitless questions and boy, can he argue. 
We tease him that he'll make a great attorney! 

These pictues were taken at the AKF Partnership Walk a few weeks ago in Orlando. 
We got there early while the volunteers were still setting up the booths. 
Zayn was offered to advertise for the "Cool-fi Lounge" which sold these delicious deserts (lassi, mango lassi, sherbet, fresh coconut water, tea, coffee etc). 
The deal offered to him was that in return for a paying customer, my Zayn would get a free popsicle! 
He almost pushed me to the cafe to buy something so that he could earn his free popsicle. 
He is just such a funny kid. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM!!!!

He painted these glasses (lens missing).
Actually, the glasses are the 3D glasses they give out at the movies. 


Children are such blessings! 
I just feel so fortunate and grateful to have my two boys in my life.
I feel the burden and responsibility of raising them right.
I have always believed that raising my children was the most important thing I have to do with my life. None of my other accomplishments in life will matter if I mess up raising my kids.
I am very blessed that I have the opportunity to raise my children.

I recently heard this quote by Jackie Kennedy Onassis which sums up my belief.

"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much."

Just a reminder...
Wishing you Love and Light,
From one sufi to another,
anita

No comments:

Post a Comment